Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Work Work Work

Wow these weeks are passing by MUCH too fast.  I know I say this every week, but I feel like I was just here!  But here I am, and I only have like 10 minutes left, so let's see how fast I can type! 
This week was a whole lot of WORKING!!!  Running everywhere, riding in over 50 tuk tuks and teaching, everyone!  My companion is amazing, she loves everyone just so much!  She always wants to help everyone... especially men that are carrying huge stacks of firewood from the campo!  They carry it using a leather strap on their forehead and she is always like, hey let me carry that!  Let me help you! She is a persistent little thing too so its pretty funny.   Lately I have been praying to be full of love with all the energy of my soul, like it says in Moroni 7:48.  Let me just testify that the Lord answers prayers! I have been filled with so much love that every single day there was a point where I just felt the spirit so strong that tears just filled my eyes!  
With some kids from a family we are teaching :)  We got invited to the birthday party!  Cake and piñata!


It's kinda interesting though, being filled with love also means being filled with so much sorrow and disappointment when they don't want the truth!   It has been one rollercoaster week because of that.   The highest of highs and the lowest of lows!  Welcome to the mission!  Remember that rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain called the X3, it's spinning while doing an insane rollercoaster, yeah thats the mission!  Don't know which way is up and you can't do anything about it!  But I wouldn't have it any other way!! :)  I'm learning that as I love more, I love my work more and like Presidente David O. Mckay said, "El amor por el trabajo es un triunfo!"  I definitely agree with that!  Haha. 
So at one point this week we were teaching this less active lady and her sister, who is an active member of the church.  We asked the active hermana to share her testimony about how the church has blessed her life.  She said something that has really stuck with me.  She said that going to church and to the temple regularly helps her stay constant.  She said, "I have peace.  I maintain peace."  I love that!  How important is it for us to maintain the wonderful feeling that we have at church the whole week, or to maintain the feeling we had when we were baptized our whole lives!  That's what makes all the hard turns of life easier. 
Another moment of this week that I loved was in sacrament meeting when the old mens club, los viejitos, served the sacrament.  Literally this ward has more elderly eligible bachelors than I can count. I'm talking about like 75 and up!  It was so cute to see them all with huge smiles on their faces and their white shirts and ties serving the sacrament.  They looked like the deacons but just a little more... wrinkled?  I'm so impressed with the faith of these old men!  They tell us all the time, I led a life in the dark for 70 years, and now, I've found the light!  
A birthday cake we made for some of the members of the "tropa loca" or the retired men that love missionary work in the ward and accompany us to lessons everyday!  They are the best!!!!

It's incredible to see how much these humble people embrace the Gospel! :)  I am absolutely in love with this work.  I feel like I have more energy than before and now I'm just ready to work, probs because I'm running every day with one of the hermanas. :)  But I love my life. 
In other, more important, news, this week I perfected my ability to make tortillas by hand.  In Guatemala that means you're ready to keep your own house.  Proud of me?  You better be!  My tortillas INFLATE!  They are that good.  That thin and circular!  If only any of you knew what I was actually talking about.  Ah well, when I get home you'll all have to eat tortillas at every meal!  Sandwiches, with tortillas, cereal with tortillas!  Prepárense:)  Ha yesterday for lunch after church the hermanas were all making tortillas and it makes a sorta clapping noise because you make them with your hands.  The dueña of our house came upstairs, (we live on the third floor of a members house), and she said,  "I thought I heard tortillando and I just had to witness for myself 4 gringas tortillando!"  Hahahahaha.  I love this country :)
Action shots, haha!

Games with the zone!  Hahaha we played ultimate frisbee, this balloon popping game and nunja.  Whoever lost had to surrender and get hit by water balloons, oh elders.  We played though and it was so fun!  I got soaked!

The losers

So I was going to write about something else but I forgot.... haha!  So I'm gonna sign off. 
I love all of you so much:)  All you love birds getting married make me excited for the next stage in life (hashtag baggy) 

love love love,
hermana moore

No comments:

Post a Comment