Thursday, March 27, 2014

1 Nefi 13:37

Subject: 1 Nefi 13:37


HOLA! Ha, sorry for my Debbie Downer-ness last week, but thank you so much for all the support through emails and prayers.  I truly felt some extra support this week.  I'm truly so blessed to have the best family and friends in the world! 
So this week was kind of hilarious, when things are hard, which they still are (ha!), you just have to find joys in the little things. 
So the little joys I found this week:

1. Teaching the Word of Wisdom. I was on diviisons with Hermana Merrill this week and we went to go teach a menos activo lady about the restoration. But right when we walked in I spotted coffee, and something that I learned from my companion right now is that just because its coffee doesn't mean it's not breaking the Word of Wisdom.  We need to teach these people that it is JUST as serious as smoking, drinking and drugs. (especially to Guatemalans who start their kids drinking coffee at age 2) So anyways, I'm like, okay lets teach palabra de sabiduria instead.  So we start teaching it and we were totally inspired to teach it differently than we ever have before!  Like we made her a plan of how to stop drinking coffee and put it on the wall next to a picture of Jesus from a folleto.  I felt like I was on the District videos!  Haha.  It was the most adorable little plan, translated into English it was like.... first, I throw it out.  Second, I don't buy it.  Third, I replace it with hot water.  Ha!  So we were like okay Hermana M, let's start it right now.  And she goes, right now? okay!  Stands up, grabs her coffee and just trucks it on outside.  So I'm like oh my gosh what is she about to do?!?  Because in Spanish to say throw it away you can just say, lo tiro, which also means I throw it... so I'm envisioning her smashing her coffee jar in the pavement! So we run outside and she's pouring it down her pila and washing it down smiling and saying, adios cafe! hahahahahahahahahahahaha.  I love being a missionary. :)
Divisions with Hermana Merrill:)

2. Almost getting killed three times this week by falling fruit.  It is prime time for just about every fruit that grows on a tree hear in Guatemala, so that means you have to be super careful and watch out for falling fruit!  We were teaching a less active couple and all of a sudden I hear this loud noise next to me and all these mandarinas are falling from above me!  Then when I was on divisions we are just walking down a street and this mango hits the ground like 2 inches away from me....and those mangos are big! Then we went to that couple again and MORE mandarinas fall from the sky!  I'm thinking about just carrying around an umbrella like the JW´s here, or as we call them, the testigos! haha.
Happy St. Patrick's Day last Monday.  Ice Cream is a pday tradition:)

3. Friendly wild animals roaming around the church.  It's not at all weird to see a dog in the church on a Sunday.  They just kind of do their own thing and hang out there with us.  But this week I experienced a first... birds in the church!   We were doing our weekly planning in the church in the room that has the baptismal font and my comp and I hear this noise coming from the font and we are like what is that... out pops a huge bird!!!!   We start screaming a running and diving out of the room and we are like screaming for the elders.  They come in and save us and catch the bird, with their bare hands of course, and take it out.  It was soooo funny!  Apparently it was a pretty rough battle, there were a ton of feathers in the baptismal font. hahahaha.  That must have been a surprise for the person filling up the font Saturday morning. :)
bird in the baptismal font!

4. Understanding Jacob 5. I'm reading the Book of Mormon faster than I ever have right now and just got to Jacob 5, or the allegory of the vineyard. I read it and BOOM!  LIGHTBULB! UNDERSTANDING!  It made my Sunday. :)  I have grown such a love for the scriptures here, I hope to never looe it.  Go read jacob 5 and take some time with it.  It blew my mind and made me so happy! 

And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his servant; and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and brought other servants; and they were few.
 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and  labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with 
your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto 
myself against the time which will soon come.


I love being a servant of the Lord.
Basically, life gives you trials, but we gotta do what we can with them... after all when life gives you lemons, you gotta make lemonade. :)

Sweat. SWEEEAAAATTTTT!!!!  This is inside my house!  I'm dying.  MELLLLTTTTINNNGGG!

love you all so much!

love love love,
hermana Moore

p.s. read 1 nefi 13:37, those are the blessings in store for those who serve the Lord in this great work of salvation! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment