Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Dream Is Wish Your Heart Makes



BUENAS TARDES. 
This week was just a blur.  It was the fastest week of my mission!  I have tried to start this email in like 10 different ways but nothing is coming out right, I'm just emotionally drained, can't come up with deep ending thoughts.  So I'm just going to pretend its a normal week and write like I always have. 
sugar cane

This week was incredible!  We did a lot of service this week, ha, but I don't know if I can call it service.  It's basically like the members wanted to teach me to do something and called it servicio. ha! Hermana Moore, we need help making our homemade donuts!  Will you help us!  Hahaha, they knew I just wanted to learn.  Ha!  But don't worry, we did LOTS of missionary work this week too.  Most of the week we were focusing on how we can get as many people as possible to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night.  We had a dvd of the video the church released last week, "El Es La Dadiva" or "He Is The Gift", and we showed it to everyone we could!  So many people were touched by that video.  It is incredible, I have it memorized now, haha!  We showed it to a lot of people that normally close the door on us but who can resist talking about Christmas right??  So anyway our stake had this super cool activity after the devotional.  Somehow they found a ton of those floating lanterns from Tangled in the Megapaca so we bought them and let our investigators light them, accompanied by a member, and set them off into the night sky!  What the GORGEOUS!  


It was like a movie, all these members and investigators collaborating and then seeing the beauitiful lanterns float off into the sky.  It was gorgeous!  They all went towards the moon.  All the neighbors of the church came out and were like "Woah what are the Mormons doing???"  So cool!  The missionaries got to contact them too!  It was a night full of the Spirit and I really think the investigators felt it a ton! :)
This week I got to go to the temple with all the missionaries who go home this week, all 26 of us!  

The group! Minus Pister and Bontempo who beat us, but we are a happy little bunch.
Webster!

It was an incredible experience to be with the same hermanas that I started with.  We all just talked on the way up about how much we have learned and how QUICKLY the time has gone by.  It was incredible.  I have to come back to that temple next year sometime.  Have to!  


After the temple we had our final interviews with president.  Have I ever said that I LOVE my mission president!  He is so incredible and told me exactly what I had to hear.  I had questions and he answered them!  He talked about my five goals after the mission (school, work, marriage, calling, temple) and focused a lot on one of those.  Yikes.  Haha but it was a cool experience.  The first thing he said is wow hermana moore, you can speak Spanish now!  I remember your first interview and you were silent! Hahahaha.  I guess I kinda talked his ear off.  I hope to stay in contact with him my whole life!
Okay funny moments of the week.... I killed a chicken this week.  With my hands.  Granted I had a knife too. (I hope Olivia isn't reading this, are you still vegetarian?)  But it's kind of a rite of passage here, so I had to do it.  Her name was Murusha.  She was old.  She died without complaint and when we made her into soup, she didn't taste very good.  

After living in Gautemala for 18 months.  I'm kinda over chicken, and that whole chicken murdering experience sealed the deal.  Mom, please NO MORE CHICKEN. EVER.  But it was funny because in the morning before I was pretty nervous, and I was telling my comp about it and she goes, look Hermana Moore.... do you think Nefi was nervous when he was commanded to kill Laban!?  Do you think he wanted to do it!?Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha she told me to confide in the Holy Ghost and He would help me. Too bad humans and chicken are different and God didn't command me to kill the chicken! Hahaha I love my comp and our funny conversations in English!
I have felt so much love this week, I thought it would be easy to leave this ward since I have only been here for like 3 months but it is turning out to be really difficult.  I love these people, their kind words and simple gifts are touching my heart.  I have to come back one day! 
My surprise goodbye party from the relief society!

We are working with this family right now and they were a reference of a member from another ward and we were nervous to meet them because the member said he was super duro, but we went and said a little prayer and we met the nicest little family of three ever!  They told us that they go to another church but have heard a lot about our church. so we just started teaching them!  We felt such a connection with them and something just told me, they will get baptized Hermana Moore!  I can just feel it!  Then at the end of the lesson, we hadn't challenged them to be baptized yet, the dad goes, hypothetical question..... if we decided to perseverar in your church and get baptized (I'm like wait what did he just say!!!)  Does that mean my son could be a missionary like you two?  I was like uhm YES.  Oh and will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God?  He told us he would pray about it. SO COOL. :)  I feel so blessed to have been able to teach such prepared people.  Our part as missionaries is so little.  But it's been an absolute pleasure. 
matching zone jerseys




This Sunday was fast Sunday of course and I was sitting next to some of our investigators, 10 and 8 year old girls whose parents are members but not interested in coming back to church but happily send their daughters to church, haha, and i just felt that little burning in my chest that was like go bear your testimony!  So I did and when I sat back down the 8 year old gave me a hug and looked at me and said, when I grow up I want to be a missionary just like you!  At that point I just completely lost it. 
It was always MY dream to become a missionary.  It was always my dream to serve the Lord!  And now I AM!  And now, it's over.  In the blink of an eye, my dream came true and ended.  My heart is full and broken at the same time, its a weird feeling.  But now it's time to find a new dream, and I'm ready. 

For the last time.

love love love,

hermana moore

No comments:

Post a Comment