Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week two - Dr. Pepper, bee stings and other MTC stories!


 Ah! its week two! I made it to Sunday! It's been a week and a half! Hallelujah! :) Only 4 1/2 more weeks! That's not too bad. :) So wow I have so much to write about this week! 

first off... THANK YOU to everyone that is loving the heck out of me via letters and packages and dear elders and prayers. I cant tell you how much it means to me. Every day I have gotten sweet advice and comfort from someone and it just gets me through the hard times! Ah, I can never thank all of you enough. And mom! those cinnamon rolls are amazing. I almost cried. Oh and the cupcakes. and the nutella. especially the nutella. I eat that stuff by the crackerful and it makes me happy. :) Oh and Abby, Sister Adams, left on Tuesday for her mission and she gave me all the food her boyfriend, Dallan, gave her! Oh my gosh. I had a huge box full of food. Dr. Pepper namely. I love Abby and I love her for giving me Dr. Pepper. It was such a blessing having her here the first few days. I knew I could always go to her to get a hug or a smile!

Basically, the MTC is amazing. I AM SO BLESSED TO HAVE BEEN SENT HERE. I know we were switched to the Provo MTC for a reason-- actually many reasons! And I am loving it! First reason... the World Wide "Work of Salvation" broadcast this Sunday that I get to attend! I think it is at 4! We tried to join the choir for it but it is too full! but still! I will be at the Marriott Center on Sunday with the Prophet and all the Apostles. I just cant wait! It will be a spiritual feast!  Oh and another thing about this week... all the new mission presidents are here training! Meaning MY new mission president is here! We are trying to find President Ruiz and I am determined to find him and shake his hand! 

Token MTC map picture!
So lets go all the way back to Sunday... Fathers Day! Happy belated Fathers Day Daddy! I love you! So grateful for your support and example over the years! :) We started church off with "Music and the Spoken Word" and it was a special on Fathers Day. Wow, want to make 2,000 girls home sick? Do this! Congrats MTC. There was seriously not a dry eye in the room! It was so amazing though. We then had the opportunity to hear from Sister Neill F. Marriott! She is the new 2nd counselor of the... young womens presidency? She is hilarious! She told us her conversion story and inspired us to be bold and happy. :)

 Okay so on Saturday our district changed! We lost an elder to the beginner class and gained 3 more! So now we are a whopping 13 person district! It's huge. We all have to fit into this eensy room. Ha! It's funny! We have gotten very close... haha. We had to move around a bit so the sisters weren't too close to the elders, go figure, but now we have this amazing view of Squaw Peak out the window. It's gorgeous to watch the sun set on that peak every day! So our new elders are: Elder Montgomery, Goodman and Kreuger. Elder Kreuger is going to our mission in Guatemala so we swap stories about what we have heard for Guatemala all the time! ha! something about spiders as big as my head... I just try to ignore it! 
Our P-day temple trip
But really our district is so close! We are all friends and we love playing beach volleyball together on Mondays and Thursdays during gym time! We aren't allowed to dive... but I sometimes fall in the direction of the ball and I think thats fine! ;) It is so incredible to put our feet in the sand! Oh my goodness it's a blessing and leaving the MTC is pretty cool too :) The other day we were walking back and I felt something on my neck so I swiped it away and BAM... bee sting! or wasp bite I'm not sure. But it was my first one ever! And I think my district could tell... I kinda freaked out. ;)


In terms of Spanish... I love this language! I am just so grateful to have the opportunity to learn it, then speak it with people! I sat next to some sisters going to Russia the other day and my heart started like palpitating for them! That alphabet is ridiculous! And they just read it like its no big deal! Let's just say the gift of tongues is real, and it is here at the MTC! It is crazy how much the curriculum here helps. We memorize these amazing sentences in like 3 minutes! And its just great! I feel like I'm really making progress. I'm just so grateful I studied Spanish so much before I got here, because I keep seeing sisters that are just starting and they look so stressed! I feel like im just prancing around the MTC like Hola! Esta Bien! Este Evangelio es verdadero! (because it is, you know)  :) Hermana Webster told us that she heard a quote from a prophet that if you read the Book of Mormon in your mission language out loud (I may have just added the out loud part I'm not sure) then by the time you finish it you will be fluent!!!! So I'm taking that challenge and having faith that it will come true for me. I read it out loud while I ELLIPTICAL during gym time. It's a little awkward with other people around me but who cares! I'm going to be fluent in... 600 pages! Rock on.

Haha the food is still normal. I'm not sure if I'll ever step on a scale till I get home. we just eat so much! but we workout! Haha Hermana Pister taught us some yoga the other day.... I'm so good, not!  This picture is our tree pose. hahaha.

So there is a hymn in the Spanish hymnbook that doesn't exist in English. It is himno 88 and it is called: Placentero Nos es trabajar. One of our teachers told us the story about it. The author Andres C. Gonzales was a member of the church in Mexico at a time of Mormon/ religious persecution. He was in jail because of his beliefs. He wrote this song when he knew he was going to die. If you read the words, translate them, you can't help but feel his incredible testimony. He died for his beliefs. The last verse is especially powerful. Adios, o adios. He knows he is going to die. Ah I just cant get over it. It is an amazing song. I think we will sing it in sacrament meeting as a district. 

So Hermana Pister was sick last night :( Before we left class, early so she could sleep, the elders asked her if she wanted a blessing and she said yes. So then all 10 of our elders gave her a blessing. It was incredible to see her surrounded by all ten of them! Ah they are so great. A little immature sometimes but they will be incredible missionaries! :)

We taught our investigator, Analis, four times this past week! What an amazing experience! She wants to get baptized! She has such great faith! (and I know she is fake but it was amazing.) Surprise! We can speak Spanish! It is just amazing to see what the Spirit can do. And surprise, surprise, our investigator turned out to be.... our teacher! We knew it! Ah, but I don't even care! She is the sweetest lady I have ever met! Hermana Kitto. I seriously love her! She always hugs us and kisses our cheeks! Hugs here at the MTC are a dime a dozen. I love hugs. LOVE them. Haha even the elders do hugs! They hug each other and it's hilarious.

Oh Jilly! I told a story about you with my investigator! Haha except I got some words a little mixed up. I was trying to tell the story about when you got locked in the bathroom at the hardware store with grandpa and you didn't know what to do so you said a prayer.... except it turned into "she got lost in a bathroom"... uhm... what? Yeah I'm working on my vocab now. My investigator was like... oh uh okay. hahaha. classic. Oh and sweet Jillian! Your talk was incredible. Thank you for sending it to me :) Miss you baby girl!

 Wow this place is just incredible. I cant describe how grateful I am to be here. I miss all of you so much so please write me letters and such. Those are just the best!
Love you all to the moon and back!

Love,

Hermana Moore :)

p.s. I got my district to call me Hermana Mas! Success!



No comments:

Post a Comment